ChildFirst Mobile Software Solution for DSS CAseworkers
Learn How Lee County Youth Development Center is Using ChildFirst
With the ChildFirst Mobile Solution, CPS and DSS Caseworkers can deliver better outcomes to children and families in their care.
"Helping you help the children by reducing massive amounts of paperwork."
Fill out the contact form and Julianne will respond within 1-2 hours on the same business day.
[Video] What is childfirst?
Frequently asked questions
- The ChildFirst mobile solution utilizes individual user credentials, along with AES 256 Encryption to ensure the secure storage and transmission of your sensitive and critical data.
- ChildFirst utilizes state of the art data security practices commonly found in sensitive data uses such as Wall Street Banking, and government.
- AES 256 Encryption is the Advanced Encryption Standard that utilizes a key of up to 256 bits which is the accepted standard amongst financial and government entities. It would take an estimated 3.31 x 10^56 years to crack this type of encryption.
- AES 256 Encryption is the way ChildFirst protects your records from being read by unauthorized people.
- Utilizing a 3rd party mobile device management (MDM) application provided by L-Tron or your organization, you can locate, reset or disable the device.
- Utilizing an app on the device, your organization can disable a device regardless of where it is.
- To disable a caseworker from logging in, you can lockout their user id and credentials from the ChildFirst application.
- To prevent a caseworker from accessing the software, you can temporarily or permanently alter their access rights.
- To monitor the GPS coordinates or usage of the phone and data, you would utilize a 3rd party mobile device management (MDM) application provided by L-Tron or your organization. To monitor the use of ChildFirst, you would utilize the reporting functions of the software.
- Utilizing an app on the device, management can monitor GPS location and usage of the device’s cell or data plans. Additionally, ChildFirst has reporting features that allow management to view use of the software.
- With this functionality, it is possible to geo-stamp where certain documents and/or forms have been created. It can also be used to view where certain addresses are and for directions, etc. It is also possible to know where any GPS enabled device is currently located.
- If the device has GPS capabilities it can provide you with maps, directions, and locating services. If desired, it can also stamp photos, videos and other documents with a date stamp, time stamp, and location stamp.
- If the other county does not have ChildFirst, files and reports can be generated with the software to transfer to the county. You can control where the information goes or if it gets deleted.
- If the other county has ChildFirst, the information can be transferred electronically directly into their ChildFirst platform or information can be exported via CSV or XML.
- The ChildFirst Software Solution can run on Android and iOS. Blackberry and Windows support is available upon special request.
- There are certain Enterprise devices that we recommend based on your needs and our actual experience from the field. The ergonomics, rugged-ability, and usage needs of your team will dictate what we recommend. Please contact us so that we can understand your particular needs and we can work with you to select the best fit.
Enterprise-class devices are secure and rugged. You have complete control over the applications on the device, you can automatically lock a device, you can lock or wipe data remotely, you have the ability to prevent operating system (OS) updates from the cloud, and you are able to remove OS features (ie outside Apps such as Google PlayStore and Google Maps).
- Remote Device Management / Mobile Device Management (MDM) Capabilities
You are able to manage your whole fleet of mobile devices. With MDM capabilities, you can remotely lock down a user or device, you can wipe devices clean of information, and manage user settings.
- Devices are Rugged
Rugged devices are purpose-built for work in the field and can withstand harsh conditions including water spills, everyday drops and tumbles.
- Advanced Barcode Capture
Scan engines in rugged devices can capture barcodes that are scratched, dirty, smudged and poorly printed. The scan speed is also impressive. Users are able to scan and capture barcode information as soon as you press the scan button on your enterprise device. You also have the option to scan IDs such as driver’s licenses to populate name and address fields
- Enterprise OS platforms are consistent for 3-5 years, making deployment and maintenance easier.
- You have the ability to lock-down the Andriod OS devices. These devices are deployed without 3rd party involvement. Google Maps and Google Playstore don’t have to be included, so your information will not be monitored by any 3rd party. You also have the ability to enable selected enterprise applications allowing you the most flexibility in terms of platform management.
- ChildFirst uses the existing Database Management System (DBMS) currently in use by your organization (Oracle, SQL Server, etc.). If your county doesn’t currently have a DBMS, then L-Tron can provide you with that as well.
- ChildFirst uses widely accepted standards and can therefore store data in whatever format your organization currently uses.
- ChildFirst offers real time GPS tracking of caseworkers . This gives caseworkers a sense of security and comfort. You can set an expected time duration of a family meeting that will trigger an alert alarm if that meeting goes beyond the scheduled appointment.
- There is also an option to add a “Panic Button” feature where caseworkers can trigger a secret alarm in the field.
CHILDFIRST RESOURCES FOR DSS/CPS CASEWORKERS
WHAT'S IN THE NEWS?
Here are some resources you may find helpful:
L-Tron to Exhibit at the 9th Annual Bivona Child Abuse Summit
This annual training conference is for social workers, Law Enforcement, school counselors, medical professions, and more all with a focus on helping children. Stop by to see a demo of the ChildFirst Mobile Solution. Click to read more.
L-Tron to Sponsor NY Public Welfare Association Winter Banquet
We were proud to sponsor the Annual NYPWA Winter Conference Banquet on January 26, 2017. ChildFirst demonstrations were given throughout this year’s winter conference.
Click to read more.
Lee County Youth Development Center Launches ChildFirst
Lee County Youth Development Center recently launched the ChildFirst Solution. Learn how they customized this solution to meet their requirements.
L-Tron Sponsors the 14th Annual Bivona Cheers for Children Event
The Cheers for Children Event is an annual fundraiser for the Bivona Child Advocacy Center. Over 500 people attended and enjoyed local wine, beer and music.
147th New York Public Welfare Association (NYPWA) Summer Conference Recap
We were proud to be a sponsor at this summer’s conference in Albany, NY in July. Learn more about the event.
8th Annual Bivona Child Abuse Summit Recap
Bill, Elyse, Julianne, and Gayle at the NYPWA Winter Banquet.
Gayle, Bill & Elyse at the 14th Annual Bivona Cheers for Children Event
Gayle (Co-Owner) and Trevor (Director of Solutions) at Bivona
Plenty of swag, candy, and a door prize at NYPWA!
Your goals are our priority and at the core of our business model.
With over 40 years of industry leading experience under our belts, we have a track record of providing custom technology solutions to fit our client’s requirements. We are workflow automation experts specializing in mobile technology solutions.
Supporting our clients is the key component of our success – we live by our motto,
“Your Success is Our Purpose.”
We plan and deliver exceptional service & support to our clients.
We have 20 years experience working with over 3,000 Law Enforcement agencies in 50 states.
Our extensive client list includes: New York State Police, New York City MTA, New York State Department of Health, New York State Office of Mental Health, New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services, Lee County Youth Development Center, University of Rochester, Syracuse University and more.