Boy, have I learned a lot from clients lately in regards to the importance of a couple of key requirements relating to their field mobility solutions strategies. From sales folks on the road, to an HVAC service technician, to a driver responsible for delivering produce to the local market, all are part of this trend in the industry – field mobility solutions in the workforce.
It used to be that many companies thought a simple smart phone was sufficient to address their mobility needs, but that has changed. Companies are finding that they require a more significant ROI by deploying a solution which addresses environmental needs and allows for a longer life cycle, all on one ruggedized device.
One client recently shared with me, it is critical to his business to provide an industrial level mobile device with applications that give his field technicians the ability to:
- Leave from their house instead of coming into the office to get a work schedule.
- React “real-time” to changes in the schedule.
- Route travel the most efficient and cost-effective way.
- Check inventory on their truck or at the closest location while remaining on site with a customer, even placing an order if necessary.
- Be prompted to cross-sell or up-sell services for additional revenue.
- Invoice and accept payment at the customer site.
- Continue mandatory uptime of device even in the rain or if dropped.
All in all, it is understandable how workforce field mobility solutions continue to dominate the business case for a company to provide best-in-class customer service and allow those in the field real-time resource access.
We have a free webinar with field mobility solutions experts for the plumbing and HVAC industry next month. Check back here in a couple of days for more information!