Police Week 2018 Honors Law Enforcement Officers Throughout the Country
What is Police Week?
Police week is an annual event that honors the difficult work of Law Enforcement Officers and remembers those lost in the line of duty. Police week is celebrated across the country, although the largest gathering is held in Washington DC. Police week was built around Officer’s Memorial Day, May 15th of each year. During Police Week 2018, from Sunday May13- Saturday May 19, Law Enforcement Officers will travel from across the country to Washington DC to remember and recognize those lives lost in the line of duty. There are numerous events planned throughout the week, including the annual Blue Mass and Candlelight Vigil. Many cities also have smaller ceremonies to recognize their local Law Enforcement Officers. Click to watch the 30th Annual Candle Light Vigil.
National Police Week typically draws between 25,000 and 40,000 attendees. The event provides a unique opportunity to connect with others who work in Law Enforcement and show support for our brothers and sisters in blue (PoliceWeek.org)
Police Week 2018 Agenda:
- Tuesday May 1st – Annual Blue Mass
- Monday May 7th – Washington Area Law Enforcement Memorial Service
- Friday May 11th – 1st Annual K-9 Memorial Service
- Saturday May 12th – Police Unity Tour Arrival Ceremony
- Saturday May 12th – National Police Week 5k
- Sunday May 13th – 30th Annual Candlelight Vigil
- Monday May 14th – National Police Survivors Conference
- Tuesday May 15th – 37th annual National Peace Officer’s Memorial Service
- Tuesday May 15th – Washington Nationals Law Enforcement Appreciation Night (Baseball)
- Wednesday May 16th – National Police Survivors Conference (continued)
- More events to be announced, visit policeweek.org/schedule for more information
What is your local community doing to support your Officers? The Victor- Farmington Rotary Club in upstate NY will be honoring Ontario County Sheriff’s Office and New York State Police, Troop E at a dinner on May 15th. Click to read more about this event.
How can you honor Officers for Police Week?
Want to help or recognize your local Law Enforcement, but don’t know how? Here are some easy ways to recognize the Officers who support your city or town.
- Send Cookies or snacks to a department – be sure to call ahead to ensure they can accept them.
- See an Officer out and about? Offer to buy them a cup of coffee or lunch.
- Share a story about how you were personally affected by an Officer.
- Write thank you cards and send them in to a department.
- Volunteer or donate to an organization like BOHA (Badge of Honor Association) – a group that provides support for fallen Officers and Officers involved in critical incidents.
- Spread awareness of Police Week 2018 via social media – Follow @LTronCorp on twitter or check out our Facebook page throughout the week.
The Badge of Honor Association (BOHA) will also be honoring Officers. BOHA is a 100% volunteer run organization that supports more than 25,000 Officers involved in critical indicents and supports children who have lost a parent in the line of duty, across 28 counties in Western and Central New York. The Badge of Honor Assocation honors officers each year at their annual ball. Click to view the 2018 Honorees.
We would like to thank all current and retired members of the Law Enforcment community that put their communities first every day. We enjoy working with you everyday and appreciate your service.
Click to read a blog written by one our Law Enforcement team members, ‘What Police Week Means to Me.’
Questions? Interested in learning more?
Get in touch with the L-Tron team.
Call 800-830-9523 or Email info@L-Tron.com