While talking with professionals in the Plumbing/HVAC industry, I can’t believe how common it is for companies who are using a bar coding system or a smart phone application to think they are taking full advantage of tracking solution technology. While that may have been true a few years ago, the field has grown rapidly and currently offers a large menu off new solutions to these businesses.
With the tight competition that most Plumbing/HVAC companies are up against, it makes sense to look into how these systems can ensure you are getting every ounce of profit your business has to offer. Not only will you find that the solutions are customizable for your specific needs, but that you will not need an entire IT staff to roll a system out or support it.
I thought I would take a minute to list some ways that a tracking solution, coupled with field mobility, can help your company run more efficiently:
- Maintain an accurate inventory from the job site.
- Track labor expenses accurately to ensure proper billing.
- Receive a work order while out of the office.
- Close a work order while still at the job site.
- Obtain a signature and a payment before leaving the site.(How long are you waiting to close your billing cycle now?)
- View a repair or service manual at the job site, for any make or model of equipment.
- View a customer’s history with your company. Have they purchased a maintenance agreement? If not, the tech knows to sell one.
Feel free to contact me for a complimentary evaluation of your company’s needs at 800-830-9523, extension 128.
We have a FREE HVAC Field Mobility Webinar coming up this month on Tuesday July 26, by industry expert Kevin Lair! Learn how Field Mobility is impacting the Plumbing & HVAC industry: Delivering Improved Customer Service, ROI and Productivity. Click on the button above to register for it.