What exactly is a barcode?
Simply put, a barcode is data (text, numbers, and information) in a machine-readable format. While a barcode to us may look like black and white stripes, each series of black and white stripes represents a letter (for the most part). That’s why some barcodes are larger than others. A barcode that reads “L-TRON” would be shorter than “BARCODE GENERATOR”.
What would I use a barcode for?
Any tracking application – inventory management, tracking products on shelves in a store, collecting information (like on the back of your driver’s license), etc.
What kind of barcode do I need?
That depends on what you plan to use the barcode for. Here’s a list of the generator’s barcode types and some of their common applications:
- Codabar (0-9, -, . ,$, :, /, +): Library books, blood banks, FedEx airbills
- Code39 (A-Z, 0-9, -, . ,$, :, /, +): ID cards, inventory applications, asset tracking
- EAN8 & EAN13 (0-9): European barcodes for retail products
- Interleaved25 (0-9): Carton printing
- Code128 Auto (A-Z, 0-9, -, . ,$, :, /, +): Asset tracking, some universal retail use
- UPCA (0-9): US & Canada barcodes for retail products
- Data Matrix (A-Z, 0-9, -, . ,$, :, /, +): Shipping & receiving services
- PDF 417 (A-Z, 0-9, -, . ,$, :, /, +): Driver’s licenses
- QR Code (A-Z, 0-9, -, . ,$, :, /, +): Advertisements & promotions
How many barcodes can I create with this generator?
As many as you’d like! However, generating 100 barcodes with this generator would be a bit time consuming.