What exactly is a barcode?
Simply put, a barcode is data (text, numbers, and information) in a machine-readable format. While a barcode to us may look like black and white stripes, each series of black and white stripes represents a letter (for the most part). That’s why some barcodes are larger than others. A barcode that reads “L-TRON” would be shorter than “BARCODE GENERATOR”.
What would I use a barcode for?
Any tracking application – inventory management, tracking products on shelves in a store, collecting information (like on the back of your driver’s license), etc.
What kind of barcode do I need?
That depends on what you plan to use the barcode for. Here’s a list of the generator’s barcode types and some of their common applications:
- Codabar (0-9, -, . ,$, :, /, +): Library books, blood banks, FedEx airbills
- Code39 (A-Z, 0-9, -, . ,$, :, /, +): ID cards, inventory applications, asset tracking
- EAN8 & EAN13 (0-9): European barcodes for retail products
- Interleaved25 (0-9): Carton printing
- Code128 Auto (A-Z, 0-9, -, . ,$, :, /, +): Asset tracking, some universal retail use
- UPCA (0-9): US & Canada barcodes for retail products
- Data Matrix (A-Z, 0-9, -, . ,$, :, /, +): Shipping & receiving services
- PDF 417 (A-Z, 0-9, -, . ,$, :, /, +): Driver’s licenses
- QR Code (A-Z, 0-9, -, . ,$, :, /, +): Advertisements & promotions
How many barcodes can I create with this generator?
As many as you’d like! However, generating 100 barcodes with this generator would be a bit time consuming.
We suggest using NiceLabel barcode labeling software to get the job done. With barcode labeling software, you can generate multiple barcodes at once and send them directly to the label printer.