Datalogic is a recognized world leader in the Automatic Data Capture market. Almost every aspect of our daily lives is permeated by data capture. Whenever we shop, travel or even undergo medical tests and therapy, data capture is there to speed up processes, increase transaction reliability and guarantee the proper tracking at every stage. It is an integral part of ensuring the customers’ satisfaction with their whole experience while enhancing the overall efficiency of the supply chain.
Datalogic is the physical link between things and information related to things. It transforms physical data into digital and makes it available to the Information Technology (IT) world.
Datalogic designs and manufactuers bar code readers, data collection mobile computers, RFID and vision systems, offering innovative solutions for a comprehensive range of applications in the manufacturing, transportation & logistics and retail industries.
Datalogic was founded in 1972 by Romano Volta. It had its origin in the optical sensor business, serving the Automation Industry, but towards the end of the 70’s it moved into the field of bar code technology and very soon became the European leader in industrial applications.
- Corporate Headquarters in Bologna, Italy
- Listed on the Star segment (Star: DAL.MI) of the Italian Stock Exchange since 2001
- About 2,000 staff members across Europe, the United States, Asia and Oceania
- Research and Development investments of over 25 million Euro in 2009
- Nine Research and Development centers
- 890 patents
- Direct presence in 30 countries around the world that sell to over 100 countries